Thermal Take RGB Software Freezes system

Ac1d3urn

Purchased 2 packs of the 140mm RGBPLUS and have had nothing but trouble. If I install the program It will work, but if I turn off my computer it will freeze after windows shuts down and monitors disconnect. I have to hold the power button down to force shutdown the computer.

When I boot up the pc everything is fine until Thermal Take's software starts to load and I  have a complete system freeze, unable to move the mouse cursor. forcing me to do a hard shutdown .

This cycle keeps happening until I uninstall the software.

• I've tried re installing the software
  • The dip switches on the controller are properly set
  • Im going to try a older version but I doubt it will work based off of reading some of the google search results (I'll update post later if it does work)

one more thing that occurs when thermal take software boots up, is I hear  windows make the sound of a device disconnecting before the freeze .

It's a long shot but I'm just curious of anyone knows of a work around or fix? any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Hi, 

It seems a HWinfo issue that causes conflict with windows, i uploaded a test version 1.3.8 without HWinfo (this will not show system temp), please uninstall the current one, and try this,  if the test version works properly, the next step we need you to do is to uninstall the test version, and re-install 1.3.7 you can download it on our website, and follow the attached Debug instruction, to  enable the debug mode, then upload the log here for us.

Once we confirm the issue, will fix it asap.

TT RGB PLUS Debug Mode.docx TT_RGB_Plus_Setup_1.3.801_x64.exe.zip

20 hours ago, TT CPM said:

Hi, 

It seems a HWinfo issue that causes conflict with windows, i uploaded a test version 1.3.8 without HWinfo (this will not show system temp), please uninstall the current one, and try this,  if the test version works properly, the next step we need you to do is to uninstall the test version, and re-install 1.3.7 you can download it on our website, and follow the attached Debug instruction, to  enable the debug mode, then upload the log here for us.

Once we confirm the issue, will fix it asap.

TT RGB PLUS Debug Mode.docx 339.13 kB · 3 downloads TT_RGB_Plus_Setup_1.3.801_x64.exe.zip 42.77 MB · 3 downloads

Thank you for your response and efforts. I have followed your instructions and have a ringplus folder with logs inside (no zip file was generated though, just the .text) Where do I send this to?