DPS G Riing RGB Mobile App

Botee

i just installed this RGB Mobile app to my iphone so that i can control my new TT Riing 12 RGB Premium Fans via phone.

but the app doesnt detect the fans.

i searched the web and it says that i need to also install on my computer the DPS G PC App 2.4.2 on my computer. 

i downloaded the installer but it wont install on my computer because i dont have a TT PSU.

post-109187-0-14742700-1488615422_thumb.jpg

post-109187-0-64453400-1488615432_thumb.jpg

post-109187-0-19971700-1488615439_thumb.jpg

post-109187-0-45578300-1488615446_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The DPS software is for controlling PSU from Thermaltake with RGB fan. It is not the same for controlling RIING fans. So you have to download RIING RGB software. I'm on Android and it works well - IF the RIING software doesn't crash / freezes - which it does several times a day...

The DPS software on the other hand is less buggy, works better - BUT IT IS WAY OVERINTRUSIVE. Wants you to login and share your power usage with every Tom & #### & Harry out there. Another amazing piece of software that in earlier versions did not require start in maximized mode, that now is required in the latest version. Who is programming for Thermaltake??? Why the intrusion into privacy to this extent only to make it work???

I'm starting to be not just baffled by the lack of quality and quality control, but also really annoyed. 

I would like to hear Thermaltake comment on this as I'm still waiting for email response. I understand the forum is not an official way of contact, but it is a contact surface to loyal customers who have spent more than a grand on their equipment, with intent to sell it on in custom builds for their own clients. And there have been several contacts by Thermaltake on other posts. 

The DPS software is for controlling PSU from Thermaltake with RGB fan. It is not the same for controlling RIING fans. So you have to download RIING RGB software. I'm on Android and it works well - IF the RIING software doesn't crash / freezes - which it does several times a day...

The DPS software on the other hand is less buggy, works better - BUT IT IS WAY OVERINTRUSIVE. Wants you to login and share your power usage with every Tom & #### & Harry out there. Another amazing piece of software that in earlier versions did not require start in maximized mode, that now is required in the latest version. Who is programming for Thermaltake??? Why the intrusion into privacy to this extent only to make it work???

I'm starting to be not just baffled by the lack of quality and quality control, but also really annoyed. 

I would like to hear Thermaltake comment on this as I'm still waiting for email response. I understand the forum is not an official way of contact, but it is a contact surface to loyal customers who have spent more than a grand on their equipment, with intent to sell it on in custom builds for their own clients. And there have been several contacts by Thermaltake on other posts. 

oh. ok so i just installed the dps riing mobile on my iphone. it cant detect my fans lol

does my motherboard need to have a wifi card to communicate to my phone?

how can my phone and fan communicate with each other?

iphone > (wifi) > router > lancable > computer > usb2 > tt premium controller

oh. ok so i just installed the dps riing mobile on my iphone. it cant detect my fans lol

does my motherboard need to have a wifi card to communicate to my phone?

how can my phone and fan communicate with each other?

iphone > (wifi) > router > lancable > computer > usb2 > tt premium controller

That should be it. As long as you are on the same router it should pick it up. Make sure the software is started however. The latest version needs to start to actually work. The older version does not need to startup in full mode.

What FANS are you using the premium or the new plus, DPS is for PSUs, and the Riing software is for the Premium, and in fact believe it or not there is a third that you must search for specifically it looks the same but is called Riing Plus for the new fans. If you're using the Riing premium app it won't work for the new fans you need the Plus app. I agree this is confusing a bit but I have it up and working perfectly right now.

• 2 weeks later...

What FANS are you using the premium or the new plus, DPS is for PSUs, and the Riing software is for the Premium, and in fact believe it or not there is a third that you must search for specifically it looks the same but is called Riing Plus for the new fans. If you're using the Riing premium app it won't work for the new fans you need the Plus app. I agree this is confusing a bit but I have it up and working perfectly right now.

its in the 1st comment what fans im using..

That should be it. As long as you are on the same router it should pick it up. Make sure the software is started however. The latest version needs to start to actually work. The older version does not need to startup in full mode.

yeah im connected on the same router. can detect anything. 

• 1 year later...