Scribbinge

RGB software not saving settings

So running into the same issue.  But in my case, this software want to run as an admin with elevation.  I do not use the admin account unless I have too, I run a user account most of the time.

So I can run the software, get prompted for admin creds, it starts, reset all my settings and let it run.  every time I reboot or log off I have rinse and repeat. To make things worse, now that they have added sync with Razer Chroma, and I love the effects, but the software keeps reverting back to default, once I click the connect to Chroma, everything works again.   Cant they just make software that does not require elevation?  

I am finding that in the whole world of computer support, its non existent. hardware, software, and its with all brands. seems they come out with something cool, and then do not support it.

14 hours ago, Bioacid said:

So running into the same issue.  But in my case, this software want to run as an admin with elevation.  I do not use the admin account unless I have too, I run a user account most of the time.

So I can run the software, get prompted for admin creds, it starts, reset all my settings and let it run.  every time I reboot or log off I have rinse and repeat. To make things worse, now that they have added sync with Razer Chroma, and I love the effects, but the software keeps reverting back to default, once I click the connect to Chroma, everything works again.   Cant they just make software that does not require elevation?  

I am finding that in the whole world of computer support, its non existent. hardware, software, and its with all brands. seems they come out with something cool, and then do not support it.

For the software to not need elevation they would have to disable it from monitoring your CPU temperature and you would also not be able to use the game, party, and movie lighting effects. I'm sure a lot of people would like that as an option, but that would require more features for them to produce. Which we have seen is a long, slow, and painful process for them.

15 minutes ago, kewlmunky said:

For the software to not need elevation they would have to disable it from monitoring your CPU temperature and you would also not be able to use the game, party, and movie lighting effects. I'm sure a lot of people would like that as an option, but that would require more features for them to produce. Which we have seen is a long, slow, and painful process for them.

Or they could make it a service so you would only need to elevate once to install the service. It even makes the fans work before you login.

But no one seems to make software that way, I guess the money is in the hardware not in software.

@Bioacid

You can try this if you want.