Jump to content
Scribbinge

RGB software not saving settings

Recommended Posts

So running into the same issue.  But in my case, this software want to run as an admin with elevation.  I do not use the admin account unless I have too, I run a user account most of the time.

So I can run the software, get prompted for admin creds, it starts, reset all my settings and let it run.  every time I reboot or log off I have rinse and repeat. To make things worse, now that they have added sync with Razer Chroma, and I love the effects, but the software keeps reverting back to default, once I click the connect to Chroma, everything works again.   Cant they just make software that does not require elevation?  

I am finding that in the whole world of computer support, its non existent. hardware, software, and its with all brands. seems they come out with something cool, and then do not support it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bioacid said:

So running into the same issue.  But in my case, this software want to run as an admin with elevation.  I do not use the admin account unless I have too, I run a user account most of the time.

So I can run the software, get prompted for admin creds, it starts, reset all my settings and let it run.  every time I reboot or log off I have rinse and repeat. To make things worse, now that they have added sync with Razer Chroma, and I love the effects, but the software keeps reverting back to default, once I click the connect to Chroma, everything works again.   Cant they just make software that does not require elevation?  

I am finding that in the whole world of computer support, its non existent. hardware, software, and its with all brands. seems they come out with something cool, and then do not support it.

 

For the software to not need elevation they would have to disable it from monitoring your CPU temperature and you would also not be able to use the game, party, and movie lighting effects. I'm sure a lot of people would like that as an option, but that would require more features for them to produce. Which we have seen is a long, slow, and painful process for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kewlmunky said:

For the software to not need elevation they would have to disable it from monitoring your CPU temperature and you would also not be able to use the game, party, and movie lighting effects. I'm sure a lot of people would like that as an option, but that would require more features for them to produce. Which we have seen is a long, slow, and painful process for them.

Or they could make it a service so you would only need to elevate once to install the service. It even makes the fans work before you login.

But no one seems to make software that way, I guess the money is in the hardware not in software.

 

@Bioacid

You can try this if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

i have the solution to you guys...i am using a set of 9x Riing Plus 14 RGB fans, which i had set to fixed orange a while ago. After a little customization of my rig i decided to change the color and i downloaded the latest software v 1.2.7 and realised that after closing the software the fans turn to default rgb blinky mode. Then i installed the version i found on my backup ssd, which i initally used when i first got the fans in mid 2k17 which is 1.0.7. With this version you can set color, mode and rpm settings to your liking and after closing it remains the way you choose. I hope this works you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2018 at 5:19 PM, Scribbinge said:

I dont think this is right, as its working properly on 1 of my fans and it remembers the colour even after a reboot. Its just the other 3 that stop working.
If I close the software from the system tray they all revert to default. Its really confusing. 

i also had this issue, i fixed it by pulling and replugging my fan cables from the controller.

i restarted my systemy set everything they way i wanted it and it worked ever since

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 8:43 PM, antoniooninato said:

I had the same problem that you described here

setting up the fan color and speed and after shutting down the pc 

the color will go back to normal until windows loads the apps again

also if you restart the system, you will loose the color until windows load the app again

 

well I actually found a way to keep all the settings

now I can shut down , restart etc and I will always have everything working without having to wait for windows to load the app

I don't know if this will work with the latest app because the last time I tried it didn't work so I don't even bother trying with the newer apps anymore

I simply use version 1.1.6 click save and then profile and it will save the settings to the controller box, I think

that is the only possible explanation that I can come up with 

on why is able to retain the settings or the configuration

I run a hackintosh and I have the fans settings, color, mode, effects,running perfectly on Mac OS

because they are already saved on the controller box

so I don't need to run TT software or windows unless I want to change something

simply use version 1.1.6

here I uploaded the file for you

 

https://mega.nz/#!E6xzWZDI!vnd0DX-4yoVyjHeQC8gmhh4_uXxKNwO69PfnbMEFQ3E

 

I know is an older version but this the only one that I test that it retains the settings

all the other ones require windows to load the TT ring plus software in order to use the configuration settings

hope this help

sorry for my spanglish, hope you understand

 

edit part 2

the reason why one of your fans retained the color is most likely because you had an older version of the app an you updated to a newer version

and the older app stored that setting on the controller box

 

simply uninstall the one you are using and install version 1.1.6

reset all the fans to default, set them up the way you want it, click save then profile 1

now restart your pc

fans still working and by that I mean your color configuration, mode etc

shut down and turn the pc back on

same configuration still working without having to wait for windows to load

uninstall the app if you want to for testing purposes

reboot

everything still works

why?

because the settings are store or saved on the controller box and you always get to keep your configuration

is much better than having to wait for windows to load the software to then wait for TT software to load the settings

 

edit 3

I was going to buy another controller thinking that my controller was damage but then I remember that I updated the software and I went back and installed the first version that I downloaded when I first bought my AI0 360 RP radiator and that is how I found out about the whole thing

just like you was very upset and disappointed until I found the fix, now I'm happy

I just hope they add this function to the latest app so I don't have to use an older app but as long as it works the way I need it to work

is all good, I can live with that

I hope it will also work for you

good luck

Hello,

can you please upload again the 1.1.6 version

 

Thank you in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 12:43 PM, antoniooninato said:

I had the same problem that you described here

setting up the fan color and speed and after shutting down the pc 

the color will go back to normal until windows loads the apps again

also if you restart the system, you will loose the color until windows load the app again

 

well I actually found a way to keep all the settings

now I can shut down , restart etc and I will always have everything working without having to wait for windows to load the app

I don't know if this will work with the latest app because the last time I tried it didn't work so I don't even bother trying with the newer apps anymore

I simply use version 1.1.6 click save and then profile and it will save the settings to the controller box, I think

that is the only possible explanation that I can come up with 

on why is able to retain the settings or the configuration

I run a hackintosh and I have the fans settings, color, mode, effects,running perfectly on Mac OS

because they are already saved on the controller box

so I don't need to run TT software or windows unless I want to change something

simply use version 1.1.6

here I uploaded the file for you

 

https://mega.nz/#!E6xzWZDI!vnd0DX-4yoVyjHeQC8gmhh4_uXxKNwO69PfnbMEFQ3E

 

I know is an older version but this the only one that I test that it retains the settings

all the other ones require windows to load the TT ring plus software in order to use the configuration settings

hope this help

sorry for my spanglish, hope you understand

 

edit part 2

the reason why one of your fans retained the color is most likely because you had an older version of the app an you updated to a newer version

and the older app stored that setting on the controller box

 

simply uninstall the one you are using and install version 1.1.6

reset all the fans to default, set them up the way you want it, click save then profile 1

now restart your pc

fans still working and by that I mean your color configuration, mode etc

shut down and turn the pc back on

same configuration still working without having to wait for windows to load

uninstall the app if you want to for testing purposes

reboot

everything still works

why?

because the settings are store or saved on the controller box and you always get to keep your configuration

is much better than having to wait for windows to load the software to then wait for TT software to load the settings

 

edit 3

I was going to buy another controller thinking that my controller was damage but then I remember that I updated the software and I went back and installed the first version that I downloaded when I first bought my AI0 360 RP radiator and that is how I found out about the whole thing

just like you was very upset and disappointed until I found the fix, now I'm happy

I just hope they add this function to the latest app so I don't have to use an older app but as long as it works the way I need it to work

is all good, I can live with that

I hope it will also work for you

good luck

Please upload this again, it has been taken down and I cannot find it anywhere else!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...