Toughliquid Ultra AIO display not connecting to RGB Plus 2.0 softwre

Fletch

Hey guys just saw this thread after i encountered the same problems after building a brand new PC with the TH360 V2 Ultra. 

Display stays on for 2-20 minutes after a restart or after disconnecting + reconnecting the usb cable and at a random point it goes to "standby screen" only showing liquid temp. 

I have reinstalled the software at least 10 times, reconnected the usb cable on both usb 2 headers, connected the cable to the TT fan hub instead (since it has a additional molex power) but same result. 

Now i connected it with a usb A to mini USB cable directily on a rear io usb 3.0 port. if this also doesnt work i am out of idead and i will send it back after the holidays and replace it with a AIO from corsair.

it was a nice try for the lower price than other display-Aios but now i know why corsair or nzxt have higher prices... 

Edit: With the microUSB to USBA 3.0 cable it's working since 1 hour now. Maybe that's the solution... I will do a couple of restarts and leave the PC in idle of a couple of hours over the next days to test it further.

Edit 2: using ext. USB 3.0 instead of int. USB 2.0 improves the situation a bit but still disconnectiong randomly. Just less often (every 1-3 hours instead of 2-20 minutes) also now i can easily disconnect + connect it again then it works again temporary lol. Still thinking of returning it though...

ive had the exact same issue, keeps disconnecting from the software. just built my pc and i really dont wanna wait any longer to game on it but im thinking of returning mine as well and getting nzxt kracken.... bought mine from newegg and used a gift card so idek if i can return. really a bummer i had high hopes for TT and have had nothing but issues with corsair

I recently installed the TH240 V2 Ultra ARGB sync snow edition and have been encountering the same issue of the TT RGB software not recognising the screen on the cooler. I have tried changing to different USB points on the motherboard without success.

I have noticed that it will show the screen in the TT RGB software after disconnecting the cable and reconnecting, the software will show the screen for a few seconds then I will get a report that it doesn't have the drivers to install it. I have tried doing a search for drivers with no success. has anyone else noticed that?

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue,try 2 different units,none of them where recognized by the software.

Then I order a TH 360 V2 (not LCD) and still not recognized at all...

The 2 Ultras are waiting to be send back...I mean...as u can see ,I am a loyal user of Thermaltake products,since the Shark aluminum case...and the big wave liquid cooling,but really...this is making me haveing seconds thoughts about this...

IMG_20240116_212010.thumb.jpg.ca1498d003d20cef01607ce90489e4ca.jpgIMG_20240116_211956.thumb.jpg.17906d1f7d41a2610c7aaa25996cac5a.jpgIMG_20240116_211943.thumb.jpg.cf292937ea766289ca55adde87ecf1a8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

3 days ago i got a replacement TH360 v2 ultra delivered by TT support, i directly installed it in my pc and since then the new one works absolutely flawless. I'm extremely surprised. Not a single disconnect/ shut down to standby screen since 3 days. 

Since the first one had issues since the first day, i have high hopes that the second one is really working fine with my Gigabyte b650 + ryzen 7700 

Also the software works miraculously more stable now. Seems like the old aio bugged the software as well every time it disconnected. Before i could not even change the color of my swafan's anymore once the aio was out.

Now all working as it should. I hope it stays that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue as everyone else with a th420 v2 ultra, screen goes into standby mode after a couple minutes and I've tried every usb header on my asus x570 plus wifi motherboard. I'm pretty sure it's the software since in device manager gives a yellow sign being not detected. Sometimes the screen will work for about 10 minutes before defaulting. All settings are disabled for usb suspend etc and doesn't matter what I do. I really don't have time to send this unit back I just wish TT can fix the software. I am a loyal TT customer and just about everything is TT in my build. 

17089546079938579663166250349515.jpg

20240223_155919.jpg

hi, I connected the USB cable to the Aio unit with mini USB but Windows gives me an unrecognized USB error,
I tried connecting it to USB 2.0 and 3.0 but the error always comes out.
what can I do? Thank you

ErroreThermaltake.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 1:20 PM, TT Manda said:

Hi @montev69

We're sorry you're feeling frustrated with us, and we would like to provide our best support to resolve any problems you might be having with our products.

Would you provide more information about your situation so we can better assist you? Please kindly let us know which of our coolers you're using and the issues you're having with it. We would like to get a better understanding and provide support.

Thank you

So, Q2 of '24. Has this issue been fixed yet? I bought the 240 V2 ultra about a month ago. I spent the extra $$ specifically for the lcd, obviously. It was working fine until about 4 days ago. If it's not fixed, I will be attempting a refund as it's quite a $$ difference for an extra that doesn't work. False advertising/selling a known faulty product?

Same issue here, to no ones surprise. I should of remembered to check reviews before I got this. My flavour of this issue, is that the display erratically goes between default/stand-by state and custom display. Tried 2 different USB headers, standard USB Type-A to Micro USB (4 of those cables, included a new one), and the exact same behaviour occurs. Looked through the log file and can see several hundred lines of Device_Toughliquid_CPU_HKC::ProtocolWrite 1528 HKC ERROR File:(D:\OtherProject\TTRGBPlus_c17\TTRGBPlus\Device_Toughliquid_CPU_HKC.cpp), which match the timing of when it flicks back off.

I just got my PC operational and really need it for some of my work, and have no back-up option to use temporarily if I RMA it (through Thermaltake). Either run out-of-pocket risk of buying a new Corsair liquid cooler and returning this one for refund (refund through reseller), or live with it.

To lighten the mood on this thread and as a coping mechanism for myself, I did a quick hack to get a custom display that will never crash... No software or USB-connection required!

20240402_163242.jpg

That's hilarious, but also sad that you paid to have a feature only to slap a sticker on it.

Was just googling, and found this thread. I bought the Thermaltake TH420 V2 Ultra from Amazon on Feb 21st and it worked fine until the past few weeks. I found my custom GIF animation replaced by the default Thermaltake "27c Liquid". I rebooted (because the software didn't recognize it) and then it worked for a few days. Saw it again, rebooted. Now it's an every day thing. Same problem y'all have described.

I'm using the latest (AFAIK) version 2.1.6 and have made zero changes since I completed the build at the end of Feb. 

I'm a fan of Thermaltake. This build has their tower 300, the AIO, all TT fans, and their power supply. Everything works great--except for this.

I was incredibly underwhelmed with the TT software for their AIO but figured out how to make it work great. Now it doesn't work at all until I restart.

I hate to return this because it's a huge disruption of time and such an integral part of the PC. After reading all these comments, it doesn't appear as though TT cares about fixing it the problem? 

I'm not sure what to do at this point other than to schedule a reboot every day.