CHALLENGER Prime Owners Club

Guest Tt Paul

Guest Tt Paul

The CHALLENGER Prime membrane gaming keyboard packs a whole lot of features at a budget friendly price. The backlighting system features red, blue, and purple LEDs for static and pulse lighting; Brightness can further adjusted via the dial in the front center of the keyboard. As with the CHALLENGER series of keyboards, the CHALLENGER Prime also features onboard memory for setting the dedicate macro keys. In addition, there are multimedia keys, shortcut keys, repeat rate and poll rate adjustment keys.

post-225-0-12862600-1423125107_thumb.png

I'll be getting mine along with a Talon this month to go along with my future setup, both are really great looking accessories for their price range and it does help that you can freely change the light color of them so you don't end up with just one.

Also I don't see either the Challenger Prime or the Talon on TtBuy, they are both on Newegg and Amazon at least.

Guest Tt Paul

I'll be getting mine along with a Talon this month to go along with my future setup, both are really great looking accessories for their price range and it does help that you can freely change the light color of them so you don't end up with just one.

Hi, Dabeavis

Please don't forget to share photos with us once you got both Talon and Challenger Prime~  :)

Guest Tt Josh

I'm about to get them as soon as they are both on TtBuy or the keyboard is restocked on NewEgg.

Hey Dabeavis, make sure you share the photo of the keyboard with us once you get it!  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Love this keyboard, its so nice to type on and LED's make it great for late night programming. Shame the Macro Keys aren't very useful in a non-gaming profile at the moment (see this thread), however I am sure that can be fixed and I will be able to enjoy it to full potential.

A great purchase of $57AUD in my eyes ;)

Will share a photo once I install the media kit on my computer so I can connect to my phone ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think they made the Windows key get disabled in Game Mode as a way to get around misclicks, but I've never had that problem. I've found Profile 1 with Num Lock, the poll rate set to 1000Hz, and latency to 1ms to be by far the best setting.

Also, my silence is because I'm waiting for someone to give a clear way to assign F13 - F18 to the macro keys so I didn't waste $30 on a keyboard I didn't actually need.

Guest Tt Josh

I think they made the Windows key get disabled in Game Mode as a way to get around misclicks, but I've never had that problem. I've found Profile 1 with Num Lock, the poll rate set to 1000Hz, and latency to 1ms to be by far the best setting.

Also, my silence is because I'm waiting for someone to give a clear way to assign F13 - F18 to the macro keys so I didn't waste $30 on a keyboard I didn't actually need.

Yea, the Game Mode that locks the Windows Key is to prevent misclick during game session.

• 1 month later...

Hi, this is my first purchase from Tt eSPORTS through Amazon, and my first decent quality keyboard. With this in mind, I was not overly surprised when I plugged it in for the first time to have it not work properly: the LED backlight would not illuminate at all. Determined to solve my problem on my own, it took me a couple days to figure out that I needed to download the driver software from the website, which I did, and even got to the configuration interface shown in the demo video. However, after all the driver troubleshooting I went through, the only thing that still doesn't work is the LED backlight still. My laptop is a bit older than most, but it's running fully updated Windows 7, and the usb ports have never given me any trouble until now. What does Thermaltake recommend I do? Should I send it back for a replacement, or try to disassemble it to check the hardware manually?

Guest Tt Josh

Hi, this is my first purchase from Tt eSPORTS through Amazon, and my first decent quality keyboard. With this in mind, I was not overly surprised when I plugged it in for the first time to have it not work properly: the LED backlight would not illuminate at all. Determined to solve my problem on my own, it took me a couple days to figure out that I needed to download the driver software from the website, which I did, and even got to the configuration interface shown in the demo video. However, after all the driver troubleshooting I went through, the only thing that still doesn't work is the LED backlight still. My laptop is a bit older than most, but it's running fully updated Windows 7, and the usb ports have never given me any trouble until now. What does Thermaltake recommend I do? Should I send it back for a replacement, or try to disassemble it to check the hardware manually?

Hi, here are the backlight control:

Fn+F11 = Static Lighting

Fn+F12 = Pulse Lighting

Fn+Scroll = Lighting ON/OFF

Fn+Pause = Switch Colors

Hi, here are the backlight control:

Fn+F11 = Static Lighting

Fn+F12 = Pulse Lighting

Fn+Scroll = Lighting ON/OFF

Fn+Pause = Switch Colors

Thank you for the timely response, but I had already gathered as much from the instruction manual. However when I input those commands, nothing happens, which is strange because the other commands work fine, such as the calculator shortcut FN + F5. The LEDs for the CAPS and NUM lock work, but none of the backlight ones.