Jump to content
  • Forum Statistics

    Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    Total Members
    Most Online
    Newest Member

Erik Bmods

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Erik Bmods last won the day on November 19

Erik Bmods had the most liked content!

About Erik Bmods

  • Rank
    Experienced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

995 profile views
  1. Whats up guys! Update time again. I managed to get all the moving parts of the mod working. This was a huge hurdle for me as this entire project was designed around the moving parts. Still need to make some minor adjustments and refining to the system but super relieved to see everything working.
  2. Update Time!!! Building of the bottom part of the outer body has started. This part went much smoother as I learned much from building the top portion of the body. Hope to have the actuators hooked up so all the moving parts of the mod will be finished and I can start focusing on details and cosmetics. I also managed to finish up sanding and filling the top part of the body. I mounted the 3, 120mm TT Riing trio fans with a rad mount from an old TT x71 case I had worked great. now to design a facade to cover the cables and rad mount.
  3. I only have started the top section since it would be easier. Save the hardest for last lol. Still needs some filler and more sanding on some of the seems. Also I need to countersink and putty over the screw heads.
  4. Whats up guys, back with another update. So I have started work on the outer body of the project. My first time doing this kinda woodworking and I had a ton of fun doing it....well maybe not the sanding. First I needed to get all the right dimensions from my design.
  5. Next I routed the flex tubing for the CPU and tested to make sure none of the fittings became lose from the up and down motion of the mobo and also to make sure nothing obstructed the tubing. I also cut the pci-e support brackets to house the Plextor SSD.
  6. Whats up guys. Back with another update. This update consists of building the GPU bridge and plumbing the CPU block. GPU Bridge: The GPU bridge is a combination of 2 3d printed brackets and the main support bracket from the Core P5 that supports wall mounting of the case. 3d design for brackets that attach the Core P5 support bracket to the case. I also had to keep in mind clearance for the moving mobo tray.
  7. I wanted to post the designs for the brackets and spacers needed to make the moving mobo tray work. They will not be seen so these are purely for function not aesthetics.
  8. We are back with a quick update everyone. I have been working on the test fitting of the moving mobo tray and the RGB strip that will be lining the top portion of the P5 section of the mod. Moving MOBO Tray: I built this with some guide rails and slides I had lying around from a broken 3d printer and a 12v linear actuator with a 6 inch extension. Keep in mind this is just a test fit to make sure this system worked, I will be decorating the panels the slide rails are attached to so they suit the theme of the mod. RGB Strip: The RGB strip is a 6mm acrylic panel cut to the shape of the previous aluminum panels and lined with a TT RGB plus LED strip. I will do a more in depth post of the assembly of these parts once its more refined. Just wanted to do a quick update. Hope everyone enjoys! EDIT: I cant figure out how to add vids atm so I will uplaod as soon as I can figure it out sorry
  9. After drilling the initial holes in the 2 aluminum panels for fastening, I sandwich the P5 between them leaving enough of a gap along the top edges for the next step....
  10. Next step is to cut off the top piece of the core P5 so I can use it as the base for the top half of the mod. Also I need to cut out the panels from the P5 that are not needed.
  11. Time to start modding. I start off by cutting 2 aluminum panels to the shape I need for the mobo tray.
  12. So I decided to let my girlfriend build her first rig so we could test the components for the project and I'm happy to say everything works great. Nice lil build for my girls first time.....under my watchful eye of course lol. Now to strip it down and put everything back into their boxes until its time to install them on the contest mod.
  13. So I decided to unbox the Thermaltake Core P5 TG v2 today. I put it together for some pics before choppin it up. The core P5 is a classic for sure.
  • Create New...