Toughpower DPS 850W Monitor Software Never Loads (TPG-0850D)

monty

dps.jpg

Everytime the PC is restarted - I get this when i access the DPS Power monitoring software.

When the PC IS Booted, I can unplug the USB that goes into the PSU, and then when i plug it back in, the DPS Software runs fine.

I cannot work out why by default the software wont open. Must be a USB Setting or.. ?

I notice a lot of others have this issue but it has never been officially addressed.

Please tell me how to fix this :)

Thanks

Guest Thermaltake Admin

Hello,

Please download our latest DPSapp V1.0.19 as below, if you still have problem, please let us know. 

http://www.thermaltake.com/Power_Supply/Toughpower_Series_/Toughpower_DPS/C_00002106/Toughpower_DPS_850W/Support.htm

1.Partial translation modified.
2.Photo upload problem on Weibo fixed.
3.API problem on TWITTER fixed.

Note: JAVA and Adobe Flash Player are required for using DPSapp.
Get the latest version of Adobe Flash Player FreeJava Download

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this power supply a few weeks ago.  I am suffering from the same issue also. 

I've noted I've got a USB Input Device under Unspecified.  It seems windows is just installing the driver as a general usb ... is this correct ?

I tried removing this device and then rebooting letting windows readd it.  Sometimes, the DPS app will pick up the power supply sometimes not.  however when it does it will only pick it up until you reboot cause the next reboot it will definantly not pick up the power supply.  

some info on my machine:

ASUS Sabertooth v2.  (the USB is plugged into a spare USB plug on the motherboard which is enabled)

AMD FX 8350

Windows 8.1 64 bit.

having very little luck getting this up and running on a regular basis.  (almost at the point when i get it going again i won't reboot)

Sorry for the slow reply.

I have uninstalled DPS and Installed the version 1.0.19 as you suggested. The same issue exists.

Please advise!

Hello,

For the digital power supply you are using, could you possibly let us know you are using TOUGHPOWER DPS or TOUGHPOWER DPS G?

Because we have two different series of digital power supply…

Thank you.   

I bought this power supply a few weeks ago.  I am suffering from the same issue also. 

I've noted I've got a USB Input Device under Unspecified.  It seems windows is just installing the driver as a general usb ... is this correct ?

I tried removing this device and then rebooting letting windows readd it.  Sometimes, the DPS app will pick up the power supply sometimes not.  however when it does it will only pick it up until you reboot cause the next reboot it will definantly not pick up the power supply.  

some info on my machine:

ASUS Sabertooth v2.  (the USB is plugged into a spare USB plug on the motherboard which is enabled)

AMD FX 8350

Windows 8.1 64 bit.

having very little luck getting this up and running on a regular basis.  (almost at the point when i get it going again i won't reboot)

Hello,

For the digital power supply you are using, could you possibly let us know you are using TOUGHPOWER DPS or TOUGHPOWER DPS G?

Because we have two different series of digital power supply…

Thank you.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi

I have exactly the same Power Supply with the same issue.  I can't get the software to connect.  and I have tried running the software as administrator but it continues to fail.  I had been talking to the help team via email but they have simply stopped helping so I am becoming very confused what to do.

I can see the device is registering with windows as the following name:

- USB Input Device

As noted earlier, I am on windows 8.1.  Any ideas ?  The FAQ doesn't help me any here ???  the actual power supply is working fine and am yet to encounter any other issues accept for the software connecting to the hardware (and yes before you ask I have disconnected and reconnected the usb cable a few times with no effect.)

Hello FunkSoulBro and monty,

Make sure you downloaded the correct version, DPS vs DPS G as it does make a different to confirm that first.

Since the monitor does work, just not every time, the controller should be ok on the PSU.

Some questions/Troubleshooting steps:

- Have you tested with the other USB Header right next to it on the motherboard?

- Does the motherboard Bios have an option to set the header to USB 1.1 for compatibility? Please check and test.

- If you disconnect the cable prior to boot, then connect the cable does the PSU detect properly? I did read your comment, just wondering if there is an initialization issue.

You should not need any specific USB driver to work, but check with ASUS on it as it.

You should not have a "Unspecified" group in DM, it could be related as this is not normal and the device inside is a USB device.

We can look into a faulty cable as the issue over the entire unit, but would need to know where you are located to get you to that region specifically for support/options. (Goes for everyone) Swapping out the cable is much more convenient. 

My contact information is below, feel free to PM, Email or reply to this any updates.

Here is some photos of each models cable. This should help to verify which model you have and the correct software you need.

DPS G:

Download: http://www.thermaltake.com/DPSAppdownload.aspx?type=dpsapp

IMG_2689.JPG

DPS:

Download: http://www.thermaltake.com/dpsappdownload.aspx?type=PSTPG

IMG_2690.JPG

• 4 months later...

hi

i have this supply now 2 days and i can not connect to them. only i start Windows. unplug -> plug in -> all works perfect!!!!

i make a restart. no Connection. and the same again.

i test all things from this site nothing works for me.

greetz from Germany.

Hello Ost-Trieb

Welcome to the forums, just wondering what model PSU are you using?

Ost-Trieb,

If your motherboard has multiple USB headers, try the other USB header and see what results you get.

This could be a compatibility issue with the motherboard, since everything does work, but upon restart the connection is being reset.

Check bios and/or contact your motherboard manufacture to see if there is any option that will help.

Let us know what the model number is on the motherboard as well and we can look into it.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

The software is not loading at all. Despite trying everything. The system does detects USB input device but do not load up and returns a message that Adobe Flash Player is required to process DPS App Software. I already have updated version but its not loading up. I just purchased DPS G850w PSU. This is pathetic.

Thermaltake global website released version 2.3.1 on 2016/02/22 showing it include flash player and .net framework but its still not working. I already have latest .net and flash player versions.

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit version.

Intel Core I5 6600k

Gigabyte z170x Gaming 7

please solve the issue ASAP otherwise its of no use to spend so much to have a DPS with software.

• 7 months later...

the problem is Adobe Flash player.

the axtiveX is the key (for me)

download this, and try:

1) flash player for IE whit activeX

2)java 64bit, i think this is not so important.

http://files.downloadnow.com/s/software/14/24/80/09/jre-7u79-windows-x64.exe?token=1476409054_22d50325464f80e7b200caf7f5944ac8&fileName=jre-7u79-windows-x64.exe

This PSU works whit the DPS ver. 1.0.19, the newer versions will not work, i dont know why.

In the start, when i run the dps app, i got a icon in the tray, but when i click on it, nothing happens.

After installing 1), i got it running.

Maybe this can help you.

The toughpower DPS series PSU will only support V1.0.19, and on the other hand Toughpower DPS G series can support V 2.3.1 or above.

the difference between these two series is the V 2.3.1 or above can support the cloud management and upload the data to the cloud in advanced use.