Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

Project Open Core: Liquid P5, Hardline Tubing, Illuminated System Panel, VR Ready

- - - - - Liquid Cooling Core P5 Acrylic

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Yep - just came here to report that mine is working as well!  Had a couple minor issues with getting the bend radius correct.  I also had the issue with the screw hole lining up.  I wish I had checked here first!  I ended up draining my loop - which at first I was thinking I could avoid - and in the process, despite trying to be super careful with lots of paper towels, etc, I ended up dripping red coolant on my nice new desk and now it's pretty much ruined.  Luckily my large steele series mousepad covers it up.

It got it working, went to move the case back and it acted up again for a few - so maybe in a few months I'll use your mounting method - as I am experiencing a slight bit of droop - but, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right!

I also got a response from Mike at Thermaltake, he is sending me a new one - I may try it out soon when I get another GPU.  If it still doesn't work, I know which one to purchase.  I'm definitely glad it worked, as I was starting to fear I'd have to plug it straight into the motherboard - making the purpose of this case null and void, and I'd have to re-do the tubing bends.

I'll check back later and re-read your post about cables and such!  Great work again man!  making already want to plan out some updates for the future (like the wrapping)

Sounds good. Curious to see if the new Thermaltake cables are as good as the one purchased from Amazon.

• eqeqeqe likes this

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Project Open Core: Benchmarks & Temps

I am putting together a neat little video of the filling process and adding the Mayhem Blue Pastel dye to the system. While working on that, I had a chance to play with a bit more Overclocking, and wanted to share those specs along with some Benchmarks and Temperatures.

Overclocking was pretty easy on this system.  I was able to hit 4.8GHz on the 6700K fairly easily using a core voltage of 1.375, and temps never got above 58C during stress testing. I tried for 5.0GHz, but no matter how much voltage I threw at it, couldn’t get stable enough to run benchmarks, so stayed with 4.8GHz, which really isn’t that bad with the temps I am seeing.  

With the GPU the highest I was able to get and be 100% stable on the EVGA GTX 1080 SC, was a core clock of 2151MHz and Memory at 5500MHz.  That’s not overly impressive compared to other GPUs in the past, but apparently the Pascal series cards already come out towards the peak of their frequency threshold. Even then, a 24% core clock increase over reference 1080 cards isn’t too shabby, especially being that my GPU temps have yet to rise above 40C.

27887673866_fe1fe477bf_b.jpg

Once I had the CPU and GPU OC’d, it was time to throw some benchmarks and games at it.

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0
Setting: Exreme HD
FPS: 120.4
Score: 5038  

27887674086_3eaee2cb32_b.jpg

Unigine Haven Benchmark 4.0
Setting: Extreme
FPS: 101.8
Score: 2563

27887673836_ecbc9c6dd2_b.jpg

Ashes of the Singularity
Setting: Crazy, DX11
Average FPS: 65.5

27887673766_14eb23345f_b.jpg

Shadow of Mordor
Setting: Ultra
Average FPS: 174.45

27922117495_9103792c6a_b.jpg

3DMark FireStrike 1.1
Score: 19499
Compare: Better than 982% of all results

27922117005_3192ba42b0_b.jpg

3DMark FireStrike Extreme 1.1
Score: 10735
Compare: Better than 92% of all results

27922117025_39342f8a83_b.jpg

3DMark FireStrike Ultra 1.1
Score: 5807
Compare: Better than 78% of all results

27887673516_0c192c7856_b.jpg

3DMark Sky Diver 1.0
Score: 42539
Compare: Better than 99% of all results

27887673406_b7582d3f3a_b.jpg

For High Resolution versions of all photos from this build log, pleas check out the Album on Flickr.
https://www.flickr.c...5522@N05/yB94Z9

hardcore253

hardcore253

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

My replacement cable from Tt will be here on Thursday.  I'm debating if I try to test it right now, or not....

if I don't have to drain my loop, I may try it out.  Otherwise, I'm putting the bracket back on (using your zip tie method) and calling it a day.  I have had a few boot issues with the new cable, but I think it may be because I don't have the bracket in place and am getting some sag that may be putting a tad too much torque on it.

• Mr_Armageddon likes this

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Project Open Core: Mayhem Blue Pastel Concentrate

Sneak peak at the completed build.  Will have the "Final" pictures up within the next day or so. Until then, put together a little video showing the process of adding the Mayhem Blue Pastel concentrate to the hardline tubing loop.

Project Open Core - Adding Fluid to Core P5 Hardline Tubing Loop

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Project Open Core: Final Build Pics

This build is DONE!!  That doesn't mean I won't make any changes, as I am a constantly tinkering with things, but the core system is ready to go.  I still need to moidfy a few things at my desk and route cables before I move it over, but still calling the project done at this point.

Not really any reason to describe each picture, so just going to post a bunch of them from different angles.

27731647890_92e79cae0c_b.jpg

27928987041_1bf2c9ec38_b.jpg

27392913423_a9e69f3ba8_b.jpg

27928987371_0182c07f34_b.jpg

27928986851_754de8e198_b.jpg

27928986671_0879a6bcf7_b.jpg

27392914313_fbab082b8a_b.jpg

27928986451_da6cf7d4ea_b.jpg

27707092356_2c9bb1a09a_b.jpg

27392912653_a6eb90a278_b.jpg

27392912203_1c7f062d0b_b.jpg

For High Resolution versions of all photos from this build log, pleas check out the Album on Flickr.
https://www.flickr.c...5522@N05/yB94Z9

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Since is just released today, thought I would post my 3DMark Time Spy DX12 Benchmark score.

28044389290_6c6b7a1a5f_b.jpg

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

I moved the new build from the "tinker" room to my actual office setup.  After connecting everything, it was apparent that I needed to do some much needed cable cleanup behind the standing desk. Purchased a few cable racks, and the end result is greatly improved. Dubbing myself "Cable Lord" after that cleanup job.

28156673710_64566fa93a_b.jpg

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Final Project Pictures

With this last set of pictures, I am officially wrapping up the build.  Its has been a fun project, and I am excited to see what others can do with this particular case.  Thanks to all those who commented.

28439555875_f46bb5a173_b.jpg

28156674940_3857aef2f8_b.jpg

EZgunna82

EZgunna82

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Very nice build and log man well done!!! just curious if you are still using the thermaltake riser?

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Very nice build and log man well done!!! just curious if you are still using the thermaltake riser?

No, I am using the EZDYI one from Amazon for now.  Working great!

Tte Martin

Tte Martin

Tt Staff

• Moderators
  • 270 posts
  • LocationNorderstedt, Germany

This looks incredible! I'm really digging the carbon look.

Staff Tt eSPORTS Germany

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

This looks incredible! I'm really digging the carbon look.

Thanks!

Had a few PM's about how I configured the small display to show System Specs via CAM software, thought I would share this here in case there are future questions.

Running it as a 4th display via HDMI (tiny one at the bottom right).

28285215000_c1acd734bc_z.jpg

For the most part it works pretty well. I did have to use a simple 2 way HDMI switch when using the Oculus Rift. For some reason the Rift and the small 7in screen don't play well together, so I just use the switch to toggle between them when I have to use the Rift.  Simple enough.

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Upgraded System Stats Display

I have received a lot of PMs and questions on YouTube regarding how I put together and mounted the small display that shows system stats. So decided to put together a more detailed "How-To" post, and upgrade the display in the proces.  The Post can be found on my Project Blog, with lots of pictures showing the step by step process.  Hit up the link below for more info.

PC Upgrade - Mounted System Stats Display

32370962512_9c87807e4e_c.jpg

If you don't want that much detail, here is a summary video showing a few of the key steps.

PC Upgrade - Mounted System Stats Display Running CAM

UdoG

UdoG

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Wow - perfect built.

Where did you placed the temp sensor and which one did you use?

• Mr_Armageddon likes this

hakan

hakan

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

http://hizliresim.com/ojnRLk

what is the problem

help

thanks

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Wow - perfect built.
Where did you placed the temp sensor and which one did you use?

Can't remember the brand ofnthe temp sensor (it may be generic), but it is located on the bottom of the Radiator in one of the drain ports. Look for the Bitspower stop plug in the attached picture. That is where the temperature sensor ended up.

Attached Images

• tmp_3510-Fittings 01 (4)2142600952.jpg

Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

http://hizliresim.com/ojnRLk
http://hizliresim.com/GBbrQ6

what is the problem
help

thanks

Hard to say. Could be a bad quick disconnect port, but my guess is a faulty O-Ring. I would check the ones over near the leak area as they are pretty easy to damage.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Liquid Cooling, Core P5, Acrylic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users