Toughliquid Ultra AIO display not connecting to RGB Plus 2.0 softwre

Fletch

I just bought the 420 version of the AIO with the display but the display just will not connect to the software no matter what I do. I plugged display into the USB header on my motherboard using the provided cable but no matter what I try the RGB software just says "Cannot detect controller" and the device doesn't show up in the "Lighting" tab either.

For reference, my system specs are:
ASUS ROG B550-f Mobo
Ryzen 5900x CPU
32GB DDR4
RTX 4090
Windows 10 64 bit version 10.0.19045
BIOS version AM 2803
SMBIOS version 3.3
Windows running on SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIe NVMe

Just a quick run down of all the things I've tried:
-unplugging and re-plugging in the display cable to the display
-rebooting
-updating windows
-updating MB firmware
-updating TT RGB software
-swapping which micro usb end I use (since the cable is split into two of them)
-checking device manager and updating drivers
-scanning for hardware detection in windows settings
-uninstalling Armory Crate
-uninstalling Razer Synapse

371908006_1338692540366440_1437897829416751419_n.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-02 011745.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-02 011733.jpg

12 hours ago, TT Hank said:

Dear Fletch,

We need your PC LOG information for troubleshooting the problem you're facing.

Please help to collect the LOGs through the TT RGB PLUS debug document via the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dx1cpie321uiqgforn2re/TT-RGB-PLUS-Debug-Mode.docx?rlkey=nxinti87oo7fma4hj27jsxuip&dl=0

Thank you.

And where do I send the information?

Dear Fletch,

After analyzing the logs of your PC, it shows that your computer isn't receiving the data of the 2.1-inch LCD Screen. It seems like the display cable or the 9-pin USB header of the motherboard is malfunctioning. 

Please try to make sure the 9-pin USB header is working or not. If it does work, then maybe the display cable is malfunctioning. You could get in touch with our customer service for product RMA. https://support.thermaltake.com/RMA_Agreement.aspx

• 1 month later...

I also encountered a software problem. I came across this solution. It's just a patch, but at least it's something. You need to use 2.0.6 instead of version 2.1.5. Yes, perhaps not all devices are there, but at least this version works. I chose other fans to at least somehow control mine. Try this version - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/u5iqq7unus5cs8q135z82/h?dl=0&rlkey=dy9mzvbu2xaudn9fri0qmh4lx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi does anyone know how to fix this, I sent themaltake some emails yesterday and attachments of this issue, but can it get resolved? A simple answer on here would be good so can fix this. Tried changing USB cable, used usb 2.0 port instead of 3.0, but the software cannot find the unit. Do we need to delete/uninstall  off device manager and install driver and software first? If we do what needs to be uninstalled? 

I'm having the same issue. I've tried every solution i can find but nothing. The screen stays on 24/7 showing the same temps. When i initially load up TT RGB Plus, i get a few seconds of screen time then it flashes as if trying to work and eventually it returns to the default screen. Tried all USB sockets on my mobo. (Aorus Z790 Elite Ax Ice) Tried multiple cables. I'm all out of ideas, hoping there will be a fix soon. I really don't want to have to take the part out and return as faulty.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been facing same issue with the RGB Plus 2.0 software. After using it for a while, display not connecting to RGB Plus, and I couldn't change the monitor screen. However, I could still adjust the fan lights (I'm using TH280 V2 ULTRA).  
To resolve this, I uninstalled the RGB Plus software and reinstalled it again. Unfortunately, this fix is only temporary. After 2-3 days of use, the problem occurred again. I'm not sure whether the root of the problem lies in software or hardware lacks stability, and the user interface(UI) of software also seems incomplete and needs significant improvement. I'd suggest considering professional assistance, perhaps from a supplier, for better quality. 
I think Thermaltake should be able to do better than this because the brand is positioned in the high-quality and high-price product category.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @ammez,

For your situation, please submit an eRMA for your TH280 V2 Ultra.

Here's the eRMA link: https://my.thermaltake.com/csErma.aspx

Please also provide me the following information you submitted via the eRMA request so we can follow through with your case:

1. Full Name

2. Region/Country

3. Email you left with our RMA service

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Hi @montev69

We're sorry you're feeling frustrated with us, and we would like to provide our best support to resolve any problems you might be having with our products.

Would you provide more information about your situation so we can better assist you? Please kindly let us know which of our coolers you're using and the issues you're having with it. We would like to get a better understanding and provide support.

Thank you

Hi I returned mine back to Scan Computers and they sent me one back that they tested. The new one works but goes back to standby mode often and then works again. It has to be a software bug. The standby mode the display was 90 degrees out of alignment with the text on the display. I decided to re-assembly the AIO so the standby writing is now upright. As it switches from the correct display and then back to standby as the text aligns correctly it don’t bother me so much so will wait until a bug free software comes out but I really bought this as I paid a lot extra for this feature. Thermaltake should really tell us what is going on and be honest with what to expect. I also have a Thermaltake open case and wow it is awesome, so will give them a chance, Thermaltake come on sort this out and be honest!!  

Thank you Sav for your update. I am in the process of returning mine to Scan (they've been really helpful) but struggled to find a replacement cooler i could use while i sent the other back as i need my PC. Knowing that the replacement is playing up as well just confirms that there's no point returning for a replacement. So unless there's news of work being done to fix the software and its issues I will most likely buy Corsair gear, replace the TT cooler/fans and return them. More expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for. TT may be reasonably priced but its very clear why, now.

Sad thing is, i actually prefer their AIO cooler setups much more than other brands. It's just such a shame that their software is lacking behind so badly. Why can't anyone update us on upcoming software updates? Or even issues you're trying to resolve? I wouldn't mind having my screen upside down and default for a while if i knew there was a fix coming at some point.. 

Agreed!  They have Admin posting on here everyday.  They know there is an issue, and instead of facing it head-on with their customers, they choose to ignore and obfuscate.  Typical corporate behavior.  Until the bottom line ($) is affected, act blissfully ignorant.

I suppose I'll have to return my cooler as well.  

I’ve just hit the same issue lcd screen worked great for 2 weeks now doesn’t connect to the software and just displays the default screen. Also brought from SCAN. Following the tread to see if TT give any official work around or fix.

So I found a fix for me on another forum. Change your bios legacy usb to auto from enable. This fixed it so the screen is picked up again in the software. Will post again in a few weeks to confirm it’s a permanent fix.

Hope this helps the rest of you.

I take it we're not going to get a true fix for this? The bios trick didn't work for me unfortunately. I've tried every port I have on my motherboard. I even tried using another cable directly to the backplane. No joy. It's just a garbage product. The cable they'll send you will do nothing. Just return the product and get the nzxt. They have their stuff ironed out and the interface doesn't look like a kid wrote it in the 90's